According to this article from The Mayo Clinic, oral health is about much more than just toothaches and cleaning. Oral health can have an impact on many other bodily systems and is related to many other diseases, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Pregnancy and birth complications.
- And more!
Taking care of your mouth is important to your overall health. Here are some important things the article recommends:
“To protect your oral health, practice good oral hygiene daily.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled brush using fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily.
- Use mouthwash to remove food particles left after brushing and flossing.
- Eat a healthy diet and limit food with added sugars.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if bristles are splayed or worn.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- Avoid tobacco use.
Also, contact your dentist as soon as an oral health problem arises. Taking care of your oral health is an investment in your overall health.” (read more…)
Ōnin believes that your health is vital to not only your success, but our success as well. That’s why we offer amazing benefits, including dental coverage at no extra cost. To learn more about how better benefits make better jobs, contact an Ōnin Branch near you!