Just because you don’t have a lot of money doesn’t mean you can’t have an amazing vacation. With a little creativity and flexibility, you can have the time of your life without breaking the bank. Here are some tips on how to take a cheap but adventurous vacation.
1. Rent a camper van and explore the open road – This is a great option if you’re wanting to see a lot of different places without having to spend a lot of money on lodging. You can find camper vans for rent all over the country and they range in price depending on the size and features you’re looking for.
2. Stay in hostels or campgrounds to save money on lodging – Hostels are becoming increasingly popular, especially with young adults who are looking for a cheap place to stay while they travel. If you don’t mind sharing a room with other people, then staying in a hostel is a great way to save money on lodging. Campgrounds are another great option for those who want to be close to nature. You can usually find campgrounds for around $20 per night.
3. Cook your own food instead of eating out every night – One of the biggest expenses while traveling is food. If you’re trying to save money, then cooking your own meals is a great way to do that. Most hostels have kitchens that guests are welcome to use and there are also many campgrounds that have communal kitchens as well.
4. Visit free attractions like national parks and museums – Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the fun attractions. There are many national parks and museums that offer free admission, so be sure to check them out while you’re in town.
5. Make your own fun – Go for hikes, bike rides, and swims – One of the best parts about traveling is getting to experience new things, so don’t be afraid to get out there and explore! Go for hikes, bike rides, or take a dip in a nearby lake or river.
6. Be flexible with your plans and don’t be afraid to change them on the fly – The best part about traveling on a budget is that you have the freedom to change your plans if something better comes up or if you just feel like doing something different. So go with the flow and enjoy yourself!
With a little planning and flexibility, you can have an adventurous vacation without spending a lot of money. Just remember to rent a camper van, stay in hostels or campgrounds, cook your own meals, visit free attractions, make your own fun, and be flexible with your plans!